Data protection information for video surveillance at the entrance to the company premises
Last updated: 13/12/2023
Gütermann GmbH; 79161 Gutach im Breisgau; Tel. +49 (0) 7681 21 0; E-mail: email@example.com
Data Protection Officer
Tel +49 (0) 7681 21,460 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
We would like to inform you about the processing of your personal data in connection with video surveillance at the entrance to our company premises. The protection of your data is important to us, and we take our obligations under applicable data protection regulations, in particular the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), seriously.
1. Purposes of processing and legal basis
The purpose of video surveillance at the entrance to our company premises is to ensure the safety of people, protect property and prevent unauthorised access. The recordings may be used as necessary to clarify incidents, defend against lawsuits and assert legal claims. Remote access takes place by our security service outside of business hours to ensure security on the site.
Another important purpose is to provide information to fire and rescue services in the event of a disaster. The recordings can help to efficiently coordinate rescue operations and ensure the safety of all those involved.
The legal basis for this data processing arises from Art. 6(1)(f) GDPR, as the processing is necessary for the protection of the legitimate interests of the controller, in particular security.
2. Processed data and retention period
Video surveillance captures images of people entering or leaving the entrance area. The recorded data is stored in accordance with legal requirements and our security requirements. The retention period is three working days and is also based on the legal requirements and the requirements for asserting legal claims.
3. Access to the recordings
The recorded data will only be viewed by authorised employees or service providers who are responsible for the security and management of the company premises. Video recordings are only passed on to third parties if this is required by law or is necessary to protect our legal interests.
Our security service also has remote access to the live image outside business hours.
In connection with the processing of your personal data, you have various rights under the GDPR:
• Right to information: You have the right to receive information on what personal data is being processed about you and for what purpose.
• Right to rectification: If the data we have collected about you is incorrect or incomplete, you have the right to request that it be corrected.
• Right to deletion: You can request the deletion of your personal data under certain circumstances.
• Right to restriction of processing: In certain cases, you may request that the processing of your data be restricted.
• Right to data portability: You have the right to receive the personal data concerning you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to send it to another controller
• Right to objection: You can object to the processing of your data for reasons arising from your particular situation. We will no longer process your data unless there are compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms.
• Right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority: If you believe that the processing of your personal data violates data protection regulations, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the responsible data protection authority:
The State Officer for Data Protection and Freedom of Information Baden-Württemberg
70173 Stuttgart, Germany
PO Box 10 29 32
Telephone: 0711/61 55 41 – 0
Fax: 0711/61 55 41 – 15
However, we recommend that you always submit a complaint to our Data Protection Officer first.
If possible, your requests to exercise your rights should be addressed in writing to the address provided above or directly to our Data Protection Officer.
If you have any questions or concerns about your data or to exercise your rights, you can contact our Data Protection Officer.
We thank you for your understanding and cooperation regarding the protection of your personal data.