Home Office Tips
In view of the COVID-19 crisis and strict movement restrictions in many countries, home office is receiving a strong boost.
But not working from the office also means discipline towards oneself. We have put together some tips for you to work productively from home.
- Create a workspace: You should set up a separate workroom to be able to work productively and effectively. Focusing on work works best in a separate room
- Create an orderly working environment: The desk should be tidy. True to the motto “minimalism at the workplace”.
- Create a schedule: Plan your day in terms of time and content. Set times for breaks and set daily goals. In this way you create a work routine.
- To-do lists: Use to-do lists on which you write down your daily tasks.
- Functioning technology and an ergonomic workplace: functioning technology is important for effective working. The equipment includes a fast PC/laptop, a fast and stable Internet connection and an ergonomically designed workplace. Other important factors are also the correct placement of the screen and suitable lighting. Plan sporting activities for the breaks.
- Dress as if you were going to work. It is recommended not to sit at your desk in pyjamas. This is because you are not really motivated and it is difficult to feel really productive. In addition, changing clothes also creates distance between work and leisure.
- Stay in touch: Do not neglect contact with colleagues and customers. Arrange virtual meetings. Whether by phone, e-mail, text messages or chats, choose the right form of communication for the situation at hand.
- Don’t forget data protection and security: lock your PC/laptop when you leave your workplace. The most important standards include data encryption, virus protection and password authentication against unauthorized use for all end devices.